Monday, March 8, 2010

To-do before I'm 30.


One of my favorite blogs to read is "30 before 30 List"
It's a fun blog that takes you along for the ride in the adventures of a 28-year-old trying to accomplish the 30 things she wants to accomplish before she turns 30.

Unfortunately, I'm turning 25 this summer {YIKES!} leaving me FIVE years until I'm the big 3-0. This is very scarey for me, I hate the thought of getting older. I think I'll feel better about it if I start working on a list of accomplishments from my own "30 before 30" list. Maybe by accomplishing my own set of realistic goals and dreams before 30, I'll be able to accept turning 30 gracefully :)

So without further adieu, here is my "List"

  • Buy a house
  • Marry my best friend
  • Go on my honeymoon - to Europe/Mediterranean
  • Get serious about investing for retirement
  • Get my MBA in Accounting
  • Walk in the graduation ceremony at AIU's London campus
  • Enroll in Doctorate program for Accounting
  • Pass the CPA Exam
  • Fix up my house
  • Have a baby or be planning for a baby
  • Get employed in the IRS, or have a great job and be ready to jump at the first opening
  • Consume less - Save more! {less unnecessary shopping}
  • Try foods I haven't tried: Russian, French cuisine, German, Australian, Authentic Japanese, Sushi, Authentic Thai,
  • Travel to Australia - maybe {If I make it to Europe on my honeymoon, I'll be happy}
  • Become a great pastry & goodie chef {at home}
  • Get in great shape
  • Take a self-defense class
  • Become a better house keeper
  • Train and participate in a triathlon
  • Gain knowledge in and attend spiritual/learning/prayer gatherings {equivalent of sunday church} for different religions: Christianity {Morman, Quaker, Catholic/Lutheran, non-secular}, Buddism & a Zen Meditation {!}, Islam/Muslim, Hinduism,  & Judaism
  • Take better care of my skin {let's prevent those wrinkles!}
  • Sew something
  • Get a green thumb {it's currently brown}

Wow, this is a pretty long list..I better get to this stuff lickity-split!

No comments:

Post a Comment