Sunday, October 4, 2009

Here We Go!

Well classes officially start Monday! I'm excited, a little nervous, and happy with a dash of fear.

I'm excited because, well for obvious purposes and... {I don't think I told anyone on here yet!} I found out last week that I had enough credits from attending BSU that I only need to attend AIU for 1 year EXACTLY to get my BBA in Accounting and Finance, instead of the 1.5-2 years I thought I was facing.
I've also been talking with one of my advisors and I think I'm going to bite down and directly head for my MBA right after I get my BBA. And if I stick to being a dedicated "over-achiever", I can finish that within about another year. I plan to get me a new fancy job after I get my BBA though. :)

I'm just a smidgen nervous and scared because...well just because. I was checking out my classroom yesterday (Friday) and the workload is a little daunting but as long as I stay focused and disciplined, it definitely won't be a problem.

One thing that's new to me is writing in APA format. I have ALWAYS written research papers and essays MLS style - highschool and college. So this APA is going to be interesting, well maybe not too interesting, APA format just seems a more formal and non-creative form of writing. So I guess on the plus side I don't have to worry about coming up with an interesting intro to catch readers' attentions. {Those are fun, but they really suck when you're suffering from writers' block syndrome}

Anywho, my first class is Psychology of Judgement and Decision Making {no it's not a psychology course..it's a business course. Is what my advisor tells me when I ask why I have to take another psychology course}. Then everything turns into Finance and Math {got all those business classes out of the way from BSU WOOHOO!}

I do hope that I can still keep up with blogging while I'm in school, if I start to slack in posting, you will know my excuse - school is kicking my tooshy!


TCHAO!

1 comment: