Friday, January 8, 2010

In-Styler Say What?



In-Styler Review

The Grade: A-ish
Quality of Product: B+
Do I like it? Yes


My Thoughts

I actually really like this interesting little contraption. Today I made really pretty loose ringlets all over my cranium for work. It took so getting used to because you have to physically wrap your hair around the barrel instead of the normal way you use a curling iron. If you're just flipping your hair in or out, I think it's great. Yesterday I flipped all my ends out, in 4 minutes maybe tops. Pretty cool.

Oh, also I've been trying to get the volumizing thing down. It works, but I think that since my hair is long it doesn't hold up as great as in shorter hair. I still have to tease and spritz with a little hairspray afterwards.

The rotating barrel makes more noise than the commercial shows, but that doesn't bug me really. Watch out though, especially if you're just straightening your hair. The barrel is unprotected and if you forget that, oucho. I have 2 burns on my hands for trying to grab the end of the barrel like a regular straightener. It does come with a heat shield but it just looks silly and gets in the way of curling.

I do need to argue with the infomercial because it constantly states that it the In-styler doesn't damage your hair. To anyone who describes a heated hair styling tool as non-damaging, I laugh in their silly faces. While it isn't AS damaging, it still gets super hot, even on the middle setting {I had to turn it all the way down to the lowest setting} thus damaging your hair.

While I do recommend the In-styler, I don't think it is a "MUST" have item. The product itself isn't as high of quality as you would think, especially if it's being put up for sale at $100-120 retail. If you're going to spend this kind of money, go get a CHI :). If you're savvy like yours truly and want one, search around on amazon and ebay for a while, and deals pop up here and there. Trade Secret also has them in stock and they might go on sale here if they can't sell them at the $110 they've priced it at.

***************************************

Since we're in the Hair-Do Spirit, Johnny Lavoy is AWESOME. I found a super cute summer look. Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNbxHToXz0M

He also has a modern ponytail how-to that I love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsabcVRcWa8


ENJOI!

2 comments: