Thursday, January 7, 2010

Well Helllooo Nurse!



I have officially completed my first week of dressing devastatingly gorgeous {!}

So I "sort-of" decided to make a New Year's resolution this year which is: to spend more time on myself. I love watching "What Not to Wear" {I secretly wish someone would nominate me so I could have a $5,000 shopping spree in NYNY minus the hair chop} and on one of the episodes, there was a girl who was starting her career and was still dressing in plain ol' things every day. Of course it struck close to home because
A.) We're both 24
B.) We're both in the same sort of life transition {finishing school, looking to get into that dream career}

So I decided that I was going to start dressing more "Profesh" and "Fashionista" but definitely not too trendy because that just annoys me {the second you buy it, the trend is over}. I used to correlate dressing great with uncomfortable but you can find some really comfy cute, sexy, modern, dressy,sassy, spicy, salty, sweet, non-greasy.... *ahem* clothes.

Rule I Absolutely Love : It doesn't have to match, it just has to "go". Matching is boring! I've been playing with this a little and it's so fun to see how much more awesome an outfit turns out.

I think this New Year's Res is creating a monster however, because I am going crazy over shoes. Preferrably a faux snake or mock croc {definitely not the real thing because that's just cruel}. I am currently on the look out for a "tall glass of green croc" or a "navy ornamental patent leather beauty" ....or maybe a flat orange pair that would go supa cute with my camel jacket {all pointy toes of course!}

Update: In-styler Review coming soon! Got it yesterday, tried it a little today.
So far this is what I know of this little contraption: It's fun, but very easy it burn yourself if you're trying to do ringlets.

3 comments:

  1. I think that needs to be a resolution of mine also. I think the fact that I only work with like 7 other people, and they are all in their 50's, makes me not care as much about how I look at work haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *applause* Super-proud of you for giving yourself more of...yourself. Anyway, I'm still anxious to hear more on the In-Styler.

    {Just so we're clear -- you don't have to walk around like the girl in your pic once you've put together an outfit, do you?!}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel - oh I know what you mean! I work in a very casual office and it's easy to not care, but dressing up makes you feel oh so good.

    Janelle - Of course silly! That's the signature move "yes I look hot, yes I do!"

    ReplyDelete