Monday, August 24, 2009

Done with the wedding planning...

   
  
....now I can get back to mi casa renovation!  (well for now I can just start dreaming things up until that pesky thing called cash money starts building up again...blast)
   
First I'll start with the kitchen...
   
This is what our kitchen currently looks like:
   

  
I can't wait to change those white curtains hanging over the patio sliding door, our neighbors' upstairs window has a great view right into my dining area...Next spring we're planting a few trees :)
  
*Funny story (well maybe not so funny) if you look closely at those white curtains they're 1 foot too short for their own good. Before their first washing, they were about 3 inches too long! whoops...
  
  
wow my paint looks gray...it's actually a pale green (lemongrass if you want to get technical) I promise! ..must be the time of day/lighting/camera?
 
  
   
^^ Dishwasher recently updated from an old black washer that went kaputze  -  conveniently helping us decide which appliance to update first!
  
  
This duo is "gonna get got" ... updation is in the nearest of futures for these musketeers
   
  
The white ceramic tile that I don't quite care for..if you look closely there's a crack in the one tile.
  
  
    
   
 
And *drumroll please* these are the inspiration/idea boards that I created for the kitchen:
     
^ I want white cabinets, with a more modern look/flair
I definately want  need  the window cabinets - they're so cute
    
   
^^ We have a coffee table that has slate tile on it and it looks SO good with our paint, so I decided that we're going to do slate tile kitchen floors, and I want to try to recreate the slate backsplash, I LOVE it. It'll go so good with the black granite countertops!
  
 
 
^^And last but definately not least, a black granite sink. I originally wanted stainless but once I saw these I decided that being a little different is a good thing :)  Unless I'm in the wrong area, you don't see many black sinks and WORD ON THE STREET says that these sinks are SO easy to care for, and they hide dirtyness really well (which is good for me) ...not to mention how sharp they look.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment