Saturday, August 29, 2009

I Think I've Found It!

 
  
....the Online University I hope to be attending next spring that is :)
 
Western Governors University!  
"The best online school you've never heard of"
 
Don't believe me? Watch this :   http://www.wgu.edu/wgu/nbc_news

The quote is absolutely right, I have never even heard of this school. While re-comparing online universities today, I came across this nifty OU (online univ) ranking site : http://oedb.org/rankings
This list ranks OU's on 8 different factors (acceptance, graduation rates, retention, financial aid....and some others, you'll see in the article)
  
I was looking at AIU, University of Phx, and was still thinking about Ashford a little (I was actually leaning towards AIU). Well suprise, suprise, I found that all three of these ou's rank on the lower end of the list, and AIU is dead last! ....Well to be fair, Phx Online was more in the middle.
  
So I started comparing the higher ranked Universities - first looking for the degree I am pursuing, then how stuff is structured.....the usual yada yada yada when comparing schools.
 
Anywho, I found WGU! {which is ranked #9}
  
The best part you ask? Here, let's play the cost game!
   
Get this :

Phx Online -   $530 /per credit hr     (or $1590 per class)
AIU -        $339 /per credit hr    (or $1017 per class)
WGU -     $2890 per 6 month term, it is a flat rate tuition based upon 12 credits but you can take less or more depending on what pace you want and the rate never changes. (So this comes out to $241 per credit hour {for 12 credits} ...or $723 per class)    Awesome no?

The wheels are turning : At BSU I was  handling a couple semesters of 16 & 17 credits (while working full time)- if I REALLY wanted to get ambitious again:
16 credits at WGU would be $180 per credit   - $541 per class
{11 more buckaroos than just ONE credit hour of Phx Online!}...sheesh now that's a deal.
 
So instead of spending just over $30,500 for the same degree at AIU (and Phx Online being a lot more expensive than AIU),  I have quite a few options at WGU, some of which they give on the site of; $11,500, $17,340, or $23,000....This depends on how accelerated this little MRS. wants to get, and since I already have an Associates, I'll definately be looking at the lower ones! Now I do understand that I don't have the prev accummulated credits factored into the AIU total but we all know that WGU would still be a STEAL!
     
I am feeling extremly happy that I stumbled across this Univ, I can't wait to get the ball rolling. I'll keep you updated on this process!

**I love saving money**
 
 

   
  

1 comment:

  1. Wow that is a crazy deal! I'll remember this if I decide to do online classes, thanks! I had never heard of it either.

    ReplyDelete