Saturday, August 22, 2009

Finally! I'm Hitched!




Yay what a perfect day, and now I'm officially Mrs. Stoltzfus. How exciting eh?


We didn't have any problems with the Vendors - they all did their jobs. Some may have not fulfilled their job descriptions to their full potential but ultimately we felt that all our vendors were well worth the moola.






Vendor Grades


Caterer - Kanak Attack A-
The food was delicious (what I got to eat of it that is). However I do wish that someone would have stayed to attend the buffet. All the food was uncovered and I wish they would have actually read my timeline and listened to me when I talked with them about the cocktail hour hoers d'ouevres and dinner (these = two separate things silly caterers)


DJ - Real Entertainment A+
Eric and I both really liked Josh, and were so glad that we found him. It was nice not having a "cheesy" ( mid 30's - early 40's guy rockin' a mullet) DJ. Josh made our wedding reception.


Florist - Myself + wholesale flower shop http://www.fiftyflowers.com/ A+
I was a little sketched out by having flowers mailed to me (from ecuador to boot), but it turned out awesome. I would totally do it again! Free shipping for wedding flowers = absolutely fantastic and get this NOT A SINGLE FLOWER died during or as a result of being cut and shipped off in a box. It's sort of funny to watch, they show up kind of wilty and thirsty but within the first half hour of soaking in water & flower food that really start to perk up. The white cabbage head roses first disappointed me when I opened the box because the heads were pathetic tiny rose buds but within 7 hours of soaking their heads had quadrupled in size. They were huge and beautiful - just the way I wanted :)



Photographer - Captured Moments A+
I didn't want anyone else taking our pictures for the wedding after Mandie had done such a great job on our engagement photos. She's tons of fun and really creative - that's why we love her. Sunday - Friday I shamelessly stalked her blog to get a glimpse of my wedding day sneak peeks. :) I was ecstatic when I saw them - so beautiful.



Ste Chapelle - A+
They treated us like royalty, they have been nothing but flexible and nice. They were pretty chill with anything. On the day of our rehearsal, we were supposed to be out by 5:00 pm but left at 5:20 - no one said anything to us, which I really appreciated.


Bridal Couture - A+
I loved these girls and they helped me pick out a dress that I love more than Eric (well not quite but pretty close). I had been trying on dresses for a while and was talking with one of the sales girls about the vision I had for my wedding, and you could just see the light bulb go on when she said she'd be right back. She brought me the dress and I knew from the hanger that I would love it. They also steamed my dress for me the first week of August and then kept it hanging safely for me until the day before my wedding. I really appreciated that service.




***************************************




It is the first weekend that I have absolutely NOTHING going on (i.e. no wedding errands/planning/meetings..etc). It feels oddly eerie but refreshing.


Now it's time to start planning that honeymoon!!! :D Europe here I come!











1 comment:

  1. Your wedding was absolutely GORGEOUS! You did a fantastic job lady!

    ReplyDelete