Monday, August 24, 2009

First Dinner as a Married Couple

Please excuse my rolly polly placemats - I just washed them :)
  
    
We woke up and spent all afternoon cleaning our house -it was a serious war zone from the wedding.
    
I even got to test out one of our new gifts (the steam mop shark)!
Which was pretty cool, I wasn't as impressed as I thought
I'd be but when I was done steaming the living room floor
the bottom of that pad was ICKY
    
Anywho, after cleaning house, we went to the gym and came back with a TREMENDOUS appetite, so we decided that we'd cook in our newly organized and cleaned house :)
    
    
 
The Menu:
  
BBQ Chicken & Fish (fish on square platter)
Fresh Steamed Veggies (yum)
Strawberry Salad w/ Homemade Strawberry Balsamic Dressing
Mimosas made with my FAVORITE juice (peach,orange,mango juice)
   
  
I got the salad dressing recipe watching Rachel Ray's cooking show while running on the treadmill :)
It's a classic - TRY IT!
  
  
Dressing
2 Tsp Strawberry Jam
1 Tbsp Balsalmic Vinegar
about 3 Tbsp extra-virgin Olive Oil
  
    
Salad
That green stuff! she did Romaine, we did Mediterranean mix
1 pint of strawberries sliced
(we added some sliced purple onion)
Salt and Pepper to taste
   
    
Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment