Monday, September 28, 2009

Inspirational

  
That's all there is to explain this post. For the last two days at the gym I have seen this elderly lady stretching, running on the treadmills {she really freaking scoots too!}, and lifting weights down with all the big boys.
  
Her best kept secret : She's 72! But she looks like she's in her late 50's / early 60's - no joke. She looks great, she has an amazing figure, and is in incredible shape. I honestly didn't believe the counter clerk when he mentioned her actual age because she definitely doesn't look or act like her age at all. She is surely going to live her "golden" years healthy, happy, and active.
   
My grandfather is also like this. He's 70ish (last I checked) and he definitely doesn't look like it either. He has always hiked, lifted weights, swam, and been a member of a bowling league...you name it, my grandpa has probably done it. Except for snowboarding...
  
That's the hobby of an 85-year-old retired man, who can be seen almost every day of the week snowboarding at our local resort (in the winter season that is). I've never seen anything of him besides snow gear, helmet, and goggles, but his stance and ability is definitely not that of an old man!
 
I always find myself awestruck by these types of individuals. I for one, have a BIG fear of getting older and whenever I see these people, it makes me feel much more at ease with the aging process. You don't have to get old and decrepit, staying active definitely makes you age "gracefully."
   
I want to be around (and share in the joy) for important family celebrations and milestones, and be healthy enough to fully enjoy and cherish those moments.
 
  

This picture is so stinkin' cute - I love it :)
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment