Friday, September 11, 2009

Updation Proclamation and Inhalation

  
Update :    I feel like a Dunce.
  
Yesterday while out  "trying" to get one of my famous lengthy lists of errands done, I stopped in at the DMV to get my drivers' license updated with my new name. This is basically how the visit went.... "But wait a minute here, you're blind as a bat!...FAIL"
  
 
 
    
Yes, that's right I failed the eye exam {I could not even make out one letter}.  I thought that my vision had been a little fuzzy here lately, but I didn't think it was THAT bad. I actually thought the extra fuzziness was due to how busy I've been and how little sleep I've gotten. Last summer I was prescribed reading glasses because it was determined that when I'm tired I have a really hard time focusing. Apparently this has progressed to constant non-focusing.
  
Now I have to hit up an optometrist's office and get those eyes checked so I can get a move on with that name changing business. I think I want to get frames and contacts so I can ease myself into contacts.
   
Looking on the brighter side : I get to pick out some really cute frames :) ...I haven't been shopping in awhile - I'm excited!
  
  
 
Proclamation :   WOW!
  
Who knew coupon cutting could actually be fun? I'm enjoying being more frugal.
    
 
 
   
  
OK Breathe :  7 Spiritual Laws of Success 
    
Alright, don't laugh but I listened to this audiobook while at work. The hubby thinks it's silly to read/listen to self development books, but I think they're great tools to learn from; they can help you step back, take a breather and evaluate yourself and your actions. One of the laws in the book is about judgement. Now I thought I've always been good on not passing judgement, but I learned you do it WAY more than you think.
   
My favorite passage in this book {Law of Karma}  - "All debts in the universe are eventually paid."
  
It was also recommended in the book to take 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes in the evening to be by yourself (and only yourself..no tv, computer, cellphone...etc), to breathe, think and just be with yourself to refresh and "connect with the true you"  :). Now I'm not sure morning time is good for me because I'll just end up falling back to sleep but I'm definately going to take 30 minutes in the evenings.
  
I just had a brilliant idea .... 30 minutes in the morning to be with your SO (significant other) and only your SO. We'll call it "relationship meditation"
  
 
  TATA!
   
  

No comments:

Post a Comment