Saturday, September 19, 2009

Mmm Fresh Garden Salsa

 
.....on a not so fresh premade burrito! {I'd say that's a well balanced meal in newlywed standards :)}
  
  

That salsa was sure yummy though!
    
My Mom and Dad came up last weekend to go car shopping with my little sister, and they brought me up some tomatoes {Romas, Cherry, and those funny yellow squash looking ones}, cucumbers, and my favorite! purple onions out of their insane yummy garden.
  
Now what is a person to do when they get a butt-load of free fresh from the farm food?
Follow their cravings of course!
   
******
   
Fresh Summer Garden | Salsa :
I don't really have a recipe, I learned from my mom to make it to taste, so here's the ingredient list I used:
  
Romas, peeled and chopped
I chopped up the funny yellow squash looking tomatoes too
Chopped onion {purple makes the salsa look so pretty}
Chopped Jalepenos
Minced Garlic
Cilantro
Jalepeno Juice from the jalepeno jar {My husband is a spicy freak!}
Lime Juice
Sea Salt
Pepper
A dash of Smoked Paprika {LOVE}
 
 
Not so fresh frozen | Burrito:
   
Take burritos from freezer
Pop in microwave for about 2.5 minutes
Pop in toaster oven for about 5 minutes {for a delicious crusty tortilla}
VIOLA! ;)
   
  Have a great weekend everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment