Friday, September 11, 2009

...Just finished

The last of Jodi Picoult's books -The Tenth Circle. It's taken me awhile to read all her books because she's written quite a few of them (she actually trys to crank one out every year)! Jodi Picoult is one of my most favorite authors {right behind Cormac McCarthy of course}, so instead of doing a book report, I wanted to do an Auther Spotlight.

I really like her books because with each one she picks a controversial topic and tells the story from multiple perspectives. So while, let's say for example...you would be against abortion (in her book Handle With Care) you also get the stories of the different characters, especially the character that would have to make the hard decision and why. Each book makes you open your eyes, think, test your own morals, and, of course, tugs on your heart-strings.

Some of My Favs:

Change of Heart
Handle with Care
My Sisters Keeper
Keeping Faith

Let's Get to Know Jodi
http://bestsellers.about.com/od/authorprofilesaz/p/jodi_picoult.htm

Her Website   - here you can find a complete list of her books
http://www.jodipicoult.com/

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the book suggestions - I am in need of some good reads!

    ReplyDelete